Download the Whitepaper
Principles of Data Science for Lead Service Line Inventories and Replacement Programs
Water systems face many challenges as they work to become Lead and Copper Rule Revision compliant. There’s a lot of uncertainty in service line records. Without knowing the count and location of lead service lines, water systems cannot plan efficient removal plans.
BlueConduit developed a whitepaper on using statistical methods for lead service line inventory (LSLI) and lead service line replacement (LSLR) planning in partnership with the Association of State Drinking Water Administrators (ASDWA).
Key Insights for Service Line Inventory and Replacement Programs
- Adopt good data management practices
- Do not accept historical data as absolute truth
- Inspect service lines at a representative set of parcels
- Connect inspection results with existing data about service lines
- Use probabilities to support decision-making processes
- Transparency and community engagement are essential to trust
Get the full whitepaper delivered to your inbox when you fill out the form.
BlueConduit originated the approach of using machine learning to predict lead service line materials and have been doing it longer than anyone else.
Our team has been helping local officials and their engineering partners identify and remove lead service lines since 2016.
We’ve now created our software platform to streamline this process for our utility and engineering partners.