Information we collect
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
Information specifically provided by you, includes your name, email address, physical address, login username, password, or other information that you voluntarily share with us through the following:
- Registering for an account
- Subscribing to receive our newsletters
- Completing a survey or providing us with feedback
- Communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- Reporting an issue with our website
You do not have an obligation to provide us with your information; however, if you do not provide us with your information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services you have requested or you may be limited in your use of our Services.
Information automatically or passively collected includes the following:
Device and usage information: We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access the Site or our Apps. We may collect and analyze information such as IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, TCP/IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Site or App, referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Site, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. If you choose to connect to our Site through a social network such as Facebook, we may automatically collect your profile information. These things allow us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Location information: We and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general information such as IP address from your computer or mobile device. The Site uses this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. We may also use location information to improve the functionality of the Site. If you do not wish to have this location information collected and used by us and our service providers, you may disable the location features on your device. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content and features made available via the Site.
Using Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Site and services, and to develop new ones.
In addition, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you related to products or services provided by us.
- To inform you of any changes, offers, updates or other announcements about our Site, services or products.
- To process a transaction you initiate
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback.
- To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services.
- For internal research.
- To keep the Site secure and safe.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features offered by our Site.
Finally, if you install and use any of our products or services, such as a module or any other software, these products will report information to us, and we will collect this information. This information may be linked to you and we may use this information to better provide technical support to you and our other customers, and to improve our Site, services and products.
Storing and Securing your Personal Data and Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data and information, and to protect our Site from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we maintain.
Disclosing Your Information
- Consent: We may disclose personal information if we have your specific consent to do so.
- Co-sponsored activities: When you sign up for a webinar or other activity that is co-sponsored by another company, we may share your registration information with that company.
- Business Partners: We may provide your information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships to provide you with special coupons, discounts, or promotions, or to offer products and services to you for purchase. We encourage these partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
Examples of third-party services include data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and payment processing.
- Legal: We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; To enforce our Disclaimer; enforce applicable Terms of Service or any of our other agreements with you, including investigation of potential breaches; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Site, us, our affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, our licensors, other users, and/or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Succession: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
If you wish to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes, please contact us.
All information you disclose in your public profile, in forum posts, blogs, comments, issue queues, or other public portions of our Site becomes public information. If you choose to provide information on public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. Therefore, care should be taken in what you choose to disclose publicly. We recommend that you do not post contact details or sensitive personal information.
Third Party Links
Your Rights and Choices
You may review and update certain information through your relevant account settings on the Services. For additional assistance with reviewing or modifying information provided to us, contact us as described below.
If you have provided contact information through the Services and decide that you do not want BlueConduit to use that information for marketing purposes in accordance with this Policy, you can opt out of future use at any time by: (a) going to the link provided at the bottom of any email you receive and opting out of receiving future information; or (b) contacting us as described below. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of emails about your transactions and relationship with us, such as emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and/or services.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and many other jurisdictions have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. You may also have rights to object to our handling of your personal data, restrict our processing of your personal data, and to withdraw any consent you have provided. To exercise these rights, please contact us as described below with the nature of your request. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will typically take the form of your e-mail address and any password submitted upon registration. While we strongly encourage you to first raise any questions or concerns about your personal data with us, you also have a right to contact the relevant supervisory authority.
Many of the rights described here are subject to significant limitations and exceptions under applicable law (e.g., objections to the processing of personal data, and withdrawals of consent, typically will not have retroactive effect).
You are entitled to have access to the personal information that we hold about you, and you may correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of persons other than you would be violated.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose that it has been processed, taking into account any legal requirements under Applicable Law. For the avoidance of doubt, we will retain your information to continue offering the Services to you. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, if you have engaged in any public sharing prior to termination, that information will remain on our services and accessible to the public. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our Services, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.