April 2022 Webinars: AI and Lead Service Line Replacement
Water professionals – city officials, utility managers, engineering partners – can take advantage of two webinars featuring conversations about AI and lead service line replacement.
April 12 – Smart Water Networks Forum (SWAN) Americas Alliance Webinar
Utility and industry thought leaders will discuss analyzing overlaid data to uncover water theft, how machine learning can increase the efficiency of a utility service line replacement program while communicating with residents to establish greater levels of trust, and bridging IT/OT silos to implement data-driven SCADA modernization and cybersecurity.
- Time: 12-1pm EST
- Archive Link
- Moderator: Jennifer Zach, Director, Marketing (Mentor APM)
- Tracking Water Theft Using New Pressure Monitoring Technology – Bill Kelly, Senior Vice President Business Development-Americas (Syrinix)
- Using Artificial Intelligence to Reduce Lead Exposure and Promote Environmental Justice – Mark Riley, Administrator, Division of Water Distribution (City of Toledo, OH) and Ian Robinson, President and COO (BlueConduit)
- OT and IT Walk Down the Aisle at TRWD – Tim Reid, Enterprise IT Infrastructure Manager (Tarrant Regional Water District, TX) and Raja Singh, IoT Solutions Specialist (Cisco)
April 28 – Virtual Municipal Forum (VMF) on Trenchless Technology
Water safety experts will be making recommendations for how cities and water utilities can implement EPA compliant lead service line (LSL) inventory and replacement plans. More information about the VMF series, hosted by the Trenchless Technology Center at Louisiana Tech, is available here.
- Time: 2-4pm CDT
- Registration Link
- Boots on the Ground – Lessons Learned from Flint, MI – Brigadier General (retired) Michael McDaniels, Director of Government and Customer Services (BlueConduit)
- Action Steps and Planning for a Cost-Effective LSL Program – Becki Rosenfeldt, Associate (Hazen and Sawyer)
- Data Collection, Model Building, LSL Inventory and Replacement Plan, Public-Facing Map, and Compliance Reporting – Ian Robinson, President and COO (BlueConduit)
- Host: John Matthews, Louisiana Tech University Trenchless Technology Center
- Moderator: Greg Baird, National Lead Service Line (LSL) Inventory and Replacement Executive Director (BlueConduit)